Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Madness-Helping Others


I was just sitting here thinking, what can I do to help myself to be a better writer, and you know what? I figured it out. By helping someone else. Seriously. There’s this boy I know, he just turned thirteen, and he wants to be a writer. So I’m helping him, and by helping him, I’m helping myself. Seeing the newness of a budding writers words brings to mind where my writing is and where I can improve.

So here’s my question, or should I say challenge, for the week. Are you helping someone be all they can be? If so, how are you helping? If not, find someone who is asking for help and take them under your wing and watch those karma points add up.
For those interested in my boy, I'll be posting about him more as his book takes shape, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Jeanne, what a nice thing to do! You have a big heart and it doesn't surprise me to hear you're helping him. :)

    I think we can all do a better job of paying it forward. I try but know it's not enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing more than you know. Thanks, Jerrie! For everything.

      Delete
  2. Jeanne, you're such a rock star!

    ReplyDelete