Monday, June 6, 2011

Finding Your Voice: With Guest Blogger Morgan Fox

First, tell us a little about yourself:
·        I currently reside in Texas, and have been writing paranormal romance for as long as I can remember. As a teenager I wrote dozens of short stories about love, loss, danger, and of course the seductive, paranormal bad boy.  I graduated from the University of Texas at Dallas, and was raised in Florida, but navigated to Texas as quickly as I could.  Most days, you can find me on my computer, diving headlong into my fierce imagination where anything can happen. When not writing or thinking about writing, I enjoy cycling with my husband and reading all kinds of romance novels.

How did you find “YOUR VOICE”
·        I found my “voice” by writing almost each and every day.  I wrote short stories, novels, even snippets.  Overtime, I found a style that truly worked for me.  One thing I’ve learned over the years of trying to find an agent is that not everyone embraced “my voice”; however staying true to “my voice” allowed me the opportunity to eventually get a contract and begin publishing the work I believed in.  

If you could describe your writing in one word, what would it be?
·        Addictive

What advice would you give a writer still searching for their “VOICE”?  
·        The advice I could offer an aspiring writing still searching for their “Voice” would be to keep writing.  Like everything we do practice makes perfect and the more you practice your craft the better it will become.  I believe the uniqueness of an author’s “Voice” comes naturally and well worth the journey to discovery. 

Look for Morgan's next book, Tempted by the Moon, June 8th 2011

Newly engaged, Brie Ferguson and Jonah McCarthy submerge themselves in primal temptations, but the constant reminder of Sebastian McCarthy's absence is enough to ruin even the best orgasm.
Distracted by the mating heat, Brie feels a deep longing to be with both her mates, especially her Alpha. Discovering that Sebastian's been infected with the same debilitating virus that turned Mason Levi, a convicted murder and werepanther, into an ultimate killing machine is enough to bring her to her knees.
Brie is tormented with the knowledge that the man she loves could destroy her, but the mating heat is all consuming and leaves her with little choice. Instincts drive her to once again feel the sexual heat and connection she shares with Sebastian and Jonah.
But once she learns that Sebastian holds the answers to her past, can the truth be the missing link into freeing her soul and igniting a passion so tempting Sebastian and Jonah can't resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment